Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 PM   #12
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrand1r View Post
What do you mean when you use the word mainstream to describe the decent Christian conservative folk?

I am not trying to be snarky, but I do wish to understand what you are conveying when you use the word mainstream in the context of Christians. Do you mean Baptists? Perhaps Roman Catholic? Perhaps another denomination. Perhaps you mean something else that I am not even considering.
I was basically speaking in general about the millions and millions of christians in this country who are often politically informed by their faith (and tend to take traditionally conservative stances on many issues) but who largely are good decent people who strive to help the needy and treat people with decency and respect, people I work with and live among who Ive always ALWAYS got along with and respected and regularly called friends. These folks seem more and more to be slipping into the angry crazy conspiracy alternative reality created on the web and through social media connections that hold abhorrent notions like Sandy Hook was a government conspiracy and no children died. Or that Obama is a muslim terrorist looking to impose Sharia Law on the US and take away everyones guns. Or even much much darker stuff. And its tragic to me that these formerly decent kind people are falling down that rabbit hole and being transformed into hate spewing brain washed monsters.

And its NOT christian AT ALL of course...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote