Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Just by way of an update, I decided to hash things out with my boyfriend and in the end it all worked out and we ended up staying together.

I do have some concerns still, but I think the negatives are now far outweighed by the positives. I think he realized he needed to stop complaining so much when I flat out told him that I was getting the impression I wasn't making him happy any more and "offered" to break up with him. He was really surprised, and I have to say since that day things have been pretty good.

My one concern is still that he just isn't that hard of a worker. He has dreams and ambitions, but won't find a way to make them happen and isn't good at goal setting. But on the other hand he's 100% supportive of ME and my goal setting, so that certainly puts him a step ahead of most of my family.

One thing I recently broght up with him, and we'll see how it all unfolds, is that I am determined to adopt at least one child... maybe more, depending. We discussed it briefly, and his concerns were pretty minor, but I'm hoping that won't change as he continues to see that I'm quite serious.

On the venting side, despite my having said in the past to my parents how much I want to adopt some day (I remember saying it when I was 17 or 18, specifically) my mother flipped a lid when I brought it up again. She was almost left wordless because of how much she wanted to oppose the idea, but couldn't come up with a good reason.... I mean clearly she's afraid I'll raise tainted gay-babies but after literally fumbling for words for a little while the best she came up with was, "It's hard to be a parent and that guy at the UN wants to bomb Israel."

Sooooo, anyways.... That's pretty frustrating, knowing she doesn't want to be a grandma to MY adopted baby (I promise you if either of my sisters marry she'll be hoping for grand kids) but whatever. This is hardly the first time I've wanted to do something despite my parents being completely unsupportive. And I hope she would/will come around when it actually happens.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote