Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #31
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

"Istari" may include beings other than wizards. The term itself means messenger or emissary and note the text above saying that "the chiefs were five" indicating there were others, and different ranks. There may have been various classes of emissaries, not all of them Maiar incarnated into a wizard form. Glorfindal may have returned as one such and maybe there were other Amanyar sent to ME (although we have no text of them). Perhaps the Eagles of Manwe were cosnider "Istari". Prior to the first age Orome ofter rode through ME with a party of his Maiar and some enhanced hunting animals, hunting servants of Melkor, some of these may still be visiting ME.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola : 02-24-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote