Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Heh, I found Midnight about the poorest of the season.

But then I dislike such supernatural threats without explanation. It's lazy, IMO. I remember yelling at the TV while watching 'The Birds' for having watched the entire film and then not getting an explanation for the odd behaviour at the end.

And I've tired of TV telling me how badly people react to unknown and frightening things in isolation and how quickly they turn on one another. It felt a bit clichéd. Especially since that became more the focus of the episode. The idea of the strange city they were going to see, and the movement the pilots saw outside, were left more unexplored that way.

On top of that, the Doctor seemed to be written a little less genius just for the plot. There were, I felt, a few things in Midnight that the Doctor in any other episode would have handled better but that the plot just needed him to be less in control and more out of his depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrand1r View Post
The copying of lines must have taken some time to get correct on screen.
They talked about that in the Doctor Who Confidential, the little making-of programmes they tack at the end of each show. I believe that at some points they had to take the voice work to the sound studio to match up just right.