Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2011, 02:47 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Here are some quotes from Ven. Mother Luisita, which I think you all might appreciate.

See God, your soul and eternity,
and for the rest, do not preoccupy yourself…
For greater things you were born.

Place yourselves in the hands of God,
submissive entirely to His divine will.

To love God is to long to become united with Him. If we want to be united with God, we must desire to renounce our own ideas and our own wants in order to have only the ideas, wishes, and thoughts of Jesus Christ. Than that’s the distinctive mark of true love.

Trust, my child, only in God
and try to please Him at all costs.

I thought of you, RÃ*an, when I read this one.

Raise your eyes to heaven and see the joy that is awaiting you. Let’s bless our good God in all and for all because He allows everything to happen for our own good. How beautiful, my child, to be always smiling and at peace in whatever way Our Lord has you.

----
That last one reminds me of 1 Thess. 5:18 and Romans 8:28. It can be a great challenge, but there is tremendous value in the practice of thanking God for all circumstances. Even brutal circumstances such as those you are in.

Friends, would you please pray for me? I'm going on a vocation discernment trip throughout this February, visiting three different religious orders. The last day I will be with these orders is the 27th. Then I fly home.

I'm sure that I'm called to the religious vocation, but I don't know in which order. So I need prayer for discernment and guidance this month.

Also, prayer so I will cease to be abominably prideful, and so that I will truly abandon myself and love God alone, and all things only in and through Him.

I would greatly, greatly appreciate this! Thank-you!!!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 02-04-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote