Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I step towards her car and wait for her to back out, where she'll have to go right by me and I can flag her down - and she snivels out the front! (squeezing by the concrete parking block thing).
If she purposefully chose a different route just to avoid you talking to her about it, I'm pretty sure there is nothing you could ever say to make her see reason.

I think Tessar's advice is sound, either contact the school if the parking is on their property (no parking warden, I take it?), or call the cops on her. (Not sure how things work over there, but over here, if you don't put your handicap card at the front window when parked on a handicapped parking space, you're illegally parked. They'll eventually waive the fine if you go to the station and show your card there, but people seldom forget to put the card at the window after having to go through all that.)

Or you could always, if she takes the handicapped spot again, whip out your mobile, pretend to call the police, and say loudly 'Yeah, there's some egocentric bint parking in the handicapped spot, [rattle off plate number] can you come and tow her illegally parked car?'

However, I reckon thinking of doing that is probably more satisfying than actually doing it would be effective. And if she does happen to have a card that allows her to park there, you kind of look like an ass yourself...

Quote:
I don't like those militant handicap activists that will shut down a mom-and-pop restaurant if they can't afford to put in a ramp,
People do that?