Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

No, actually she sings it in the Italian... which I guess might be a bit surprising for that time period.

I just wanted to say HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L' Assedio di Corinto is just about the GREATEST THING I CAN HAZ EVER BEHELD IN MEH LIVE!!!!!!!!

I'll put it this way: It's a little bit like listening to Beverly Sills, Marilyn Horne, and a handful of other amazing singers do a constant stream of the most difficult, technical vocalizes and scales you've ever heard. This whole opera is just an incredible showcase of coloratura singing from all of the performers... I am totally blown away. I love, love, LOVE this opera!!!

There is one trio in particular where at the end Beverly Sills does a melisma to a high note, descends, and then Marilyn Horne does the same melisma, descends, and while she and Sills are still holding their middle/low notes, the tenor does the same melisma.... it's just friggin' gratuitous and awesome . Getting this thing for $5 is a crime I should be locked up for . Sinfully good!!!!!
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote