Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #11
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
We discussed it, and my teacher thinks that my technique is probably good, but I've just done too much singing... so nothing is 'hurt' but my cords are probably swollen.
That definitely sounds like swollen cords The rest is just what you need.

Quote:
It's just so hard not to let this stuff screw with my brain, you know? I'm constantly wondering if I have what it takes to be a professional singer under the best of circumstances, and it's incredibly difficult not to see life in shades of gray when my voice is out.
Oh, please try to stay positive! I know it's hard. I know the feeling of "what if it'll never heal and i'll never sing well again" (though it's completely unfounded ). Don't forget also that the professional life will be just that, and not with school on top of everything else! A student schedule is brutal enough. You've added aspiring-professional on top of that. No wonder you're over-extended It's a necessary evil, though, i know. You will get through it. Just listen to everything your teacher tells you, and do it.

Quote:
My teacher seems to think I have a really good shot at the baritone role for next semester's opera (something one of the composition teachers wrote) so maybe I'll try to start looking at that stuff.
**ears perk up** You may have a shot at originating a role???
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Voronwen is offline   Reply With Quote