Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
Barandur of Nargothrond
Sapling

Feanor vs Fingolfin

Fëanor was the mightiest in skill of word and of hand, more learned than his brothers; his spirit burned as a flame. Fingolfin was the strongest, the most steadfast, and the most valiant. Finarfin was the fairest, and the most wise of heart;

Feanor- Killed in Battle with Balrogs, struck down by Gothmog, Lord of the Balrogs, later dying from the wounds.

Fingolfin- Killed in a one on one battle with Morgoth himself but gave him seven wounds that troubled him from that day on.

My Question

Feanor died facing a creature created by Morgoth not by the hand of Morgoth himself, while Fingolfin died by the hand of Morgoth so who should be considered the greater warrior Fingolfin or Feanor, the one that was killed by the creations or the creator?
Barandur of Nargothrond is offline   Reply With Quote