Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hmmm... well it's difficult to say for sure, but I think I'm definitely headed in the right direction.

I'm exhausted right now... it's really hard work to keep your ribs out like that! Especially to do it three services in a row. For the first service it was amazing and I was nailing stuff with ease that I've struggled with in the past, which is a great sign. The second service things started to fall apart a little bit... I think I stopped being able to support my ribs as well, so I started gripping with my throat a little bit in an attempt to maintain the feeling of support. My throat got a little tired, but it's fine now. Feels normal, or maybe even a little better, so no fear there!

With more practice, and as I build strength, I'm sure that wont be as much of a problem any more. I'm starting to understand how to do pianissimos though, which is great! I just expand the pressure of my ribs and let my voice be tiny, but keep it placed high. It keeps a lot of the ping, but gets very small. I'm sure with practice and time it will develop into the real deal, but I think I'm starting to understand it .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote