Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #15
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeehouse View Post
*To GW: I'm reading Den Medialiserade Demokratin by Jesper Strömbäck, in Swedish in one of my courses, and I'm telling you I am becoming quite the Swedish-literate! I have no idea why our Professor gave us Swedish literature. I suspect he does it for the Purpose of Torturing us*
Reading Swedish isn't torture - unless that book would be torture in any language (but I suppose you don't see it that way, Coffeehouse, since you've chosen that subject for your studies). I've become Swedish-literate, too, but that's been by reading Ivar Lo-Johansson, Harry Martinsson and Jan Guillou I've even translated two books (non-fiction) from Swedish into Norwegian.

Quote:
*To EF: In a foreign land.. yeah that does make it different doesn't it. Well, I'm celebrating Xmas in South Africa! So we're all in the odd hemisphere it seems and you can console yourself with the fact there are some (hint) who won't be seeing a single snowflake on Xmas eve Actually when I think about it, that would be the case for London too so nevermind*
London? Not necessarily. You might have snow in London. I've been there in snowy weather at Easter.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote