Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #9
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Yes its strange to say but enough people in america can now envision a black man as president but not enough can envision a homosexual to get one elected to that office. I can only imagine the "agenda" hysteria that would erupt forth from the right... Especially with the gay marriage debate as it is.

Plus the office of president has a very important ceremonial role for most americans unlike say a senator or a governor or something. And I don’t think Americans would be able to get their minds around the concept of a president living in the white house with his male partner or, perhaps just as bad, a SINGLE president! Im pretty sure it will be a while until we see an openly gay president, a single president or for that matter an openly atheist president. Too many Americans would just find it too disturbing. Of course 12 months ago I would have put “a black president” on that list as well for the very same reasons…

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote