Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #11
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I'll concede concerning the church on all but one point, and to counter your argument I will have to lean away from the believer's view point that I've been arguing from.

Quote:
But the moral failings of some human Church leaders do not in any way bring challenge the capacity of God to declare infallible truths through them, in spite of their weakness.
Moral failings of church leaders absolutely challenge the capacity of God to declare infallible truths. "Actions speak louder than words" is a proverb for a reason. Humans, especially since the rise of scientific thought, tend to believe what they see over what they hear. In such an environment, can a deity still declare truth through people whose words will be heard as false?

Quote:
Quote:
Well I do believe the catholic church is a wicked institution and promotes paganism more than anything else; more dogma than truth.
*Slaps head.* Oh, gosh.
Try asking a catholic school teacher if the 'divine ichor' running through the veins of the greeks gods is the same thing that makes Jesus holy sometime. I can gurantee that the answer does not promote paganism.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 11-14-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote