Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2002, 05:14 AM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Ok so you really go to ME

Many people here have expressed a desire to go ME.

Let us assume that there is a collective sub-creative force that would deposit the psychic energies of tolkien's world in another dimension via a subtle quantum manifestion of accumalted desires to back it so. So doing a sub-quantum storm pass through earth at just the same time you log on to the moot you are now in ME late 3rd age.

different scenarios

1) you are zapped there JUST as you are right now. No preparation. You could appear randomly ANYwhere. The middle of the ocean or baradur to rivendell to mesdusheld.

you would probaly be killed/die of starvation no map no nothing.

2) luck is on our side since the books are written in a langauge that we understand our collective sub-creative force manifest westron as english and the desire see the good guys puts you in a friendly realm.( even our minority member are not outright killed as Southrons or easterlings)

the cries of ME have and your desire to go have brought you there. Your purpose is like that of the Istari to help aid the people of ME.
You KNow that you are there to aid the free-peoples.

You have the maps of middle -earth with you and a knowledge of the world. You have a sub conscious feeling for the world that that gives you unearthly insight from their point of view. But you lack the innate power of a true emissary from the West.

Say you arrive at the white council just before it drives the necromancer out of Dul Goldur. You appear in a flash of light upon the floor of their last meeting before the assault the worm hole jump has you weak and you pass out before you can speak.

Oh you are phyiscally STUCK at the age you are now. you are just as you are now. ( a normal human but with the elven immunity to sickness and aging the sub-creative quantum leap did this. But not other powers or skills than you have now. Yes there is one your mind is shielded form theirs. being an extra planar being you have this gift. You can still be broken mentally but they can not read your mind. and maybe you are NOT a beacon to the lidless eye. you appear as a normal human

with all of this what would you do? to change the events.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote