Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
CH, it is the woman's womb, the woman's body, but it is the child's life.
What child? The two-celled zygote? The two-celled zygote which has more in common with a single-cell ameba than anything else?
That's a child? Or a potential child 8-9 months away? Which is it?

Quote:
It was conceived for a purpose. Call it destiny or call it God, nothing is just random coincidence.
Purpose. Coincidence. That's a matter of view on life and faith. And since that's a personal viewpoint, entirely subjective, it doesn't bear as an argument on something as universal for all women as this.

Quote:
"It's about the rights of living" you say. But not for the newly conceived fetus. IT can just be killed if the mother doesn't feel like having it.
Spot on. The two-celled zygote's progress into a potential human being gets aborted, because the woman carrying it does not want to carry through with a pregnancy. That may sound cynical, but if that particular woman does not want to have a child at that time, then be it. Her choice.

Quote:
I myself would put the life of the two-celled zygote in front of my own life, as a woman.
Again, that's a personal choice. Would you be willing you force those who do not share that viewpoint to adhere to yours? Is that fair?

I'm probably repeating myself, but I see this boiling down to the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The two-celled zygote may become a human being if the pregnancy is carried through. Likewise that makes the two-celled zygotes a potential human being with the potential full rights of a real human being.
But until then! Until that two-celled zygote is a human being, it's right will forever come 2nd to the rights of a living human being.

Simply put, the choice for a woman, to become pregnant and give birth, or take an abortion, is her choice and her choice only, because her rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness come before the two-celled zygote.
Coffeehouse is offline   Reply With Quote