Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #10
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
Yep, anyone who frequent them ends up with Ar-Alyanis, which wouldn't translate to jack-squat. If it did translate into proper Sindarin, it'd probably mean this...

ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG!!!

You're obsessed as hell with Lord of the Rings if you go to a university and one of the people going there goes to class dressed like Gandalf, wearing COMPLETELY accurate clothing, carrying COMPLETELY accurate props (staffs, hat, Glamdring, etc), but somehow you're only 5'6" which is probably around 6 to 8 inches shorter than Gandalf. My fiance's sister is in college and she had taken a picture of this guy who had dressed up as Gandalf. And the thing is, this guy goes to class everyday dressed as Gandalf. The unfortunate part of this, and this is sad, is this sad person is a friend of my fiance's sister. Hell, if I was in college now, I'd probably even poke some jokes at this guy. Back when I was in college though, this one guy dressed in a cape and held a red pitchfork every once in a while, but that doesn't even come close to some one dressing as Gandalf every day.

Apparently this guy even did a presentation in front of a class dressed as Gandalf, and my fiance's sister says this guy almost sounds like Gandalf, probably because of the beard.

But hey, it's what make the world turn around. If everyone were status quo 24/7/365 then it'd be an awfully boring world, and on such a small world, you need a lot of interesting stuff going on.

Like Captain Janeway said on an episode of Voyager, "you're in Starfleet, weird is part of the job!"
Yay! *applauds*
Captain Janeway and Gandalf are two of my role models.