Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

While sitting under a tree and mending his gear, Carnehillion was more or less minding his own business, humming to himself and occasionally glancing up to check the camp. Hedrim and one of the newer elves, Ye gods, they got thick all of a sudden... I thought they were supposed to be waning, had gone down into Dol Guldur, not something he was relishing doing.

Oh well, if it must be done, it must. I guess Hedrim isn't too bad, tacky as hell and still arrogant, but eh. He's good enough to have in a fight. He returned his thoughts to patching the shirt infront of him, when soft footsteps alerted him to Ellysa's approach. Beneath his bandages he grinned. Ah, the pretty woman with the nice hands. She also seems to be doing better than expected. He glanced up when she addressed him.

"Uhm, Carnehilion? I wanted to thank you for allowing me to ride with you. And... ehrm, I uhm, I wanted to thank Bahar as well, but..." she trailed off a bit before whispering: "but I don't know how and he's a bit scary."

Redplate chuckled a bit and nodded. "The pleasure is mine. You'll learn soon enough to control your own mount. You have good natural balance."

Indeed! And you also keep my back nice and warm!

"Come, Bahar is a gentle soul. She might be a bit on the large side, but she has no quarrel with anyone. If you want to thank her, I think she would appreciate a brushing. Don't be scared."

Carnehillion grinned in earnest now, and picked up a soft body brush and watched as Bahar's ears perked up in interest. "She'll love you forever if you brush her, she stands perfectly still for it. Do you know how?"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.