Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Summer Goals

Does anyone else have anything they're going to try to do over the summer?

I'll be working and doing summer school, but I still wanna try to get some fun things done . Even if I wont get a vacation, I can still pretend, right?

... right?

1. I'm going to work out. I did all last summer and I really loved it... I was sad when I had to stop because of school, but hey... at least I can enjoy it over the summer .

2. I wanna learn French! I already know the basics of how to pronounce it, and I loooooooove the sound of French. So I'm gonna try to be really diligent and intense about learning some over the summer... basically just getting my pronunciation more solidly learned and hopefully learning enough to translate some simple phrases. I'm gonna try to see some French films, too, and listen to french operas/music/radio stuff just to get it in my ear better.

I also found a Wheel of Time site in French! It also has a forum, so maaaaaybe I could dip my toes into that later on.

3. I'm going to improve my voice. I've already talked to one of the voice teachers at my school about taking with him over the summer, and I'm determined to spend this time really ironing out a few of my vocal flaws... mostly it's weird tension stuff, like I wrinkle my forehead, or tilt my head back for high notes, or tend to cave my shoulders in when I get to the middle of a song.

4. I'm going to become the most amazing pianist ever.

Or, you know, just sort of work on my sight reading and stuff. Also probably try to do a little Hannon and what not to build my finger dexterity and strength up. I've been doing a lot of piano this semester, and I just want to build on that.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote