Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayMouser View Post
I find I actually prefer the earlier Known Space stuff -World of Ptavvs, Protector, and the short stories- to the RingWorld books, though they're great, too.
I'm not exactly sure because my exposure to Mr. Nivens work has been somewhat limited... I'm embarassed to admit that this is the extent of my reading of his. But as I understand it, this book has all of his short stories linked together with these linking material to make a continuous story... I always skip the bridging material because I find it rather tiresome and on the whole irrelevant.

This is the stuff with the Pupeteers and the like.

One of my favorite parts is when the Pupeteer tells Beowulf to run his tongue over the Kdatylano touch sculpture... It would be much more sensitive
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote