Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Tattoos are SO mainstream now its ridiculous to make the tired assumption that if you have a lot of tattoos you are some kind of bad ass punk or thug that will kill you as soon as look at you. I know people with full sleeves and body art that work in banks and libraries and worry more about their mortgage and their lawn and taking care of their kids than anything else. When I first got my tattoo in the late 80’s there was still a slight stigma involved with tattoos. It was still an “outsider” thing to do for the most part. But in the 90’s every useless college kid trying to be cool had to go and get something on their body. Now all those kids are grown ups and have kids of their own and have fully integrated into mainstream society and it completely ended the concept of the tattoo as taboo in our society. Now people who have elaborate tattoos are a niche that say more about their fasion than their opinions of society or how dangerous they are.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote