Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The Best of Tolkien-talk

A while ago I was reading an article about the best science-blogging of 2007 and thought it might be interesting to adapt the idea in some form to the Entmoot.

We've got quite a large collection of engaging or thoughful threads on Tolkien's work here on the Entmoot. I've learned quite a lot from them and enjoyed having and reading these discussions with you guys. Sadly, a lot of it tends to fade and be forgotten after a while. So let's dig some up!

What did you think were the best threads discussing Tolkien's work? The most interesting or insighful? The ones whose discussion you enjoyed the most? Everything from the J.R.R. Tolkien forums is game. There's no need to limit ourselves to only one year either.

Mine are these:

Images stored on the Palantir HD - The key to find the ring?: A fairly recent and short thread, but one I found massively intriguing and interesting.

The Power of a curse: Very old thread, but the fact that I still remembered it means that it did impress me back then.

LOTR in other languages: Not a tolkien's work thread perse, it dealt with the different languages in which mooters have read LoTR. And how the names of characters and places were translated.

A bit of out-side catagory since the writing was mostly our own but this was a massive good read: Letters from Middle Earth