Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Mari
Elf Lady

Study; how, what and why

I saw there are some ancient threads on what people are studying and why, but since I was interested in knowing what everyone had studied (or is studying) and in what kind of carreer you ended up (or think you'll end up in) I thought I'd ask.
There is also another reason: my kid sister is (once again) lost in the maze of studies. She started a study to become a teacher, but dropped out, then she decided she wanted to do something with P.E. or the human body, then decided that theaterschool was more for her, but since we can't afford that, she is once more looking for a study.
The only recurring theme in all her searching is biology. She loves biology, but doesn't want to become a biologist or teacher. She is very good with people and likes dealing with people, she is good at biology and science, her math skills are okay. Now I know that there are some people here who are studying or have studied something relating to biology and I would like to ask you to describe your studies and the career possibilities.
I hope there'll be a lot of replies And even if it doesn't help my sis decide, it might help others and it is interesting reading!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote