Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
katya
Elven Maiden

I'm officially following this thread now. There's a few things I wanted to comment on a couple pages back, but I'll resist for now. About those absolutes though...

I'm starting to become a bit of a pantheist. I wrote a term paper on pantheism and won myself over with it. If I was more sure of myself, my opinion might go like this: "I believe that the only absolute is God, who is everything." Replace God with Brahman, Tao, non-divine "everything", whatever your preference. "everything" is a little bit more than just the totality of everything in the universe but... I'm not sure how to describe it. I think it's beyond description or knowledge. 'Course I agree with BJ about not knowing anything for sure. Including whether I know or not or anything. But I gotta have some sorta guess.

My other favorite absolute is absolute zero but I can't remember why. But I had this preoccupation with giving temperature in Kelvins for a while.

Half of me believes in love as the most important and beautiful thing ever but the other half of me believes that pure love or compassion is impossible and it's just very very well disguised ego/selfishness/fear/etc. It depends on my mood. My beliefs and my personality are hardly absolute either.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote