Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #10
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer

Wot no Awesome Animal News? You have not been paying sufficient attention.

Ohh!!! Gaffer, that stung! Is my Awesome Animal News too low-brow for you smarty-smart overthinking types, now? Not intense and meaningful enough to merit serious consideration? You guys are killin' me over here...

And yes, definitely congrats to Gore, for the Peace Prize bestowation. (is that a word? maybe not - ) It's wonderful he got it; can you imagine how disgusting it've been if, say, Bush got the Nobel Peace Prize for his attempts to "spread Democracy" (wink wink, nudge nudge) in the world today? I shudder to think.

However...Al Gore, (or anyone) getting the Nobel Peace Prize for a movie... I don't know, I'm sure it was a cool movie/doc, but - the Nobel Peace Prize, for a film? I just - were there no other candidates in line at ALL who did anything at all more impactingly significant for peace in the world over the past year, up for this award? I mean, sure it was a good deed, for Al Gore to make a documentary film which discusses global warming, but - it was a movie, you guys. It was a movie. The Nobel Peace Prize, for a film by a politician? I just don't know...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-24-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote