Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 AM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief
Last night, I dreamed that I was walking across an intersection. I was on the crosswalk, crossing, and a Mexican woman in a truck wanted to turn right. I paused on the street because she looked like she was a bit pushy, but when I paused, she paused. Then the instant I began to move forward, she began to inch forward, and then we both stopped again. I was supposed to have right of way, being a pedestrian, but I also was a bit nervous about her based on her behavior. I tried going forward again and she at the same time decided I wasn't going to go forward, so she went forward. Then we both stopped, her still not having made her turn and me still trying to get across, but nervous to try it with her in front of me.

Finally, entirely exasperated and just wanting to get across the street, I started seriously marching forward. She decided the same thing at the same time, stomped on the gas at about the same moment and zipped forward, making the turn and careening by just in front of me, almost brushing me so close did she pass. Having made the turn, she stopped, rolled down her window and stuck her head out to look back at me. Then she hollered, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND???"
Women and minorities, challenging you, kindly, and telling you what you already are telling yourself - "make up your mind!" as if you believe, deep down in your subconscious, that you're wavering about how you, YOU yourself in your heart, truly deeply think about them - women and minorities, that is. You see - she, a woman, had the wheel of a car - no, a TRUCK, even more powerful, while you, a white man, were merely walking, in no position of power at all, at the mercy of her decision - she was the Alpha Dog in this scenario, and you - were not. But she wasn't rubbing it in your face, she just insistently LEAD you to a response. She was leading you, and you followed her prompting, until she got fed up. - "why don't you just make up your mind..."

Was it Jung? or Freud? one of those dream-therapist genius gurus who said that when we dream, all the characters and figures in our dreams are all parts of us, they are all us, not "women" or "monsters" or "mother" or "little girl" or "celebrity" or "guy with gun" but all our own brain's manifestations of parts of our own psyche, parts of our own character. Our dream people are all us.

So, the minority woman in you is furious with you and is demanding that you take a stand, either against that part of yourself or for, but on your own terms, not on the terms of your political idology or religious dogma, that's what I see anyway from that bit 'o dream...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-16-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote