Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

The Michael Vick Ordeal

First of all: I don't condone animal cruelty. But I just want to observe that Michael Vick sure seems to be getting more vilification than most murderers. Nobody is on Vick's side, and what we hear are insipid speeches, like Senator Robert Byrd's which basically condemned Michael Vick to hell.

In my humble opinion, we are all guilty ("Yes! WE ARE ALL GUILTY! WE ALL HAVE AIDS! WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!")...we are guilty of focusing our anger on all the wrong people: convicted criminals are being let go regularly, and continue their pursuit of sick happiness...all the while we are busy condemning Paris Hilton's drunk driving (ok, and Aal Gore III's too), condemning the mythological murder of zebras and unicorns, and condemning Michael Vick to hell for his participation in illegal dog-fighting.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this merits much punishment. It's nothin some time off the field, a couple of fines, and plenty of hatred from PETA won't fix.

Why are we making demons out of sinners, and making repentants out of convicts?

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote