Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
Arien, I am sorry to read that you were affected by your parents' split. I think the timing was particularly unfortunate; 14 is not a good age to have to go through that. I was "lucky" in that my son was only 2, so he wasn't caught in the middle so much. However, I think it's usually inevitable that children of divorced parents will be affected by it to some extent, e.g. by geographical distance.

By now he's 13, and although there are still challenges for all of us, he has three (half-) brothers that he adores (and the feeling's mutual), another one on the way, about 20 cousins and step-cousins, with whom he has a riot, and FOUR sets of grandparents to spoil him rotten. He has also formed close friendships with lots of my and his mum's friends. That's a wonderful diversity of humanity.

* Puts About a Boy on the DVD *
I agree that splitting up when the kdis are younger (or WAY older like adults) is probably less stressful. It's hard for me now b/c of holidays and such. What a hassle! I look forward to the day when hubby and me are older and our kids are older and we don't ahev to worry about going to everyone's house on the holidays!
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote