Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Mah New Dog, Rosie!

May I be the first to say that she came with an AWESOME name. Just like Rosie from the Lord of the Rings!

She's a two year old half English Cocker Spaniel, and half Labrador Retriever. She's got dark red/brown coloring, and her head comes up to about my knee. She ended up being the dog that ours got along best with, because she's submissive, and didn't push things with him. The other dogs were a little too nosy for his tastes.

She's submissive, but she doesn't seem to be fearfully submissive. She just wants to roll over and get her tummy scratched, and although she's been very submissive towards our current dog, she'll look at him, and at us, and she' very curious and seems -very- happy to be here.

When I took her outside, she went potty right away (seems she's housetrained. Thank GOD! ) and then she ran over to me with her tail wagging, wanting a belly rub, and then to play a little.

Now she's snoozing happily.

She seems nervous that someone will take her doggy bed away, though, so she hasn't used it yet. Rosie loves her stuffed tiger, though . She was wrestling with it earlier.

Photos to follow...
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote