Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #11
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hmmm, I'm trying to decide what to do about a new dog.

I was planning to go and adopt a dog from a foster/shelter after May 25th, because that's when the schools that I teach at let out on. But now I'm reconsidering.

My thought was that I could then spend the majority of the summer with the dog, training it/helping it get comfortable in the house, and making sure it gets along with my mother's dog. But that was when I thought I would be getting a dog from the pound, and that it might have socialization issues due to being there.

However I've found a great place here in town that has extremely descriptive bios on all of the adoptable dogs, and it looks like all of the dogs are well loved and socialized (they have a no-kill policy. YAY!). Also I'm going to be taking a summer class, so while I'll only be gone two days a week for about four hours, it still kills the 'whole summer' idea .

I'm considering, now, maybe trying to get the dog in two weeks or so. I could possibly try to pick up the dog on a Friday evening, so then I'd have all day Saturday and the majority of Sunday to spend with it, then all Monday morning till the afternoon before work. My sister would be back from her classes by then, so she could keep an eye on the dogs. For Tuesday/Thursday I could possibly even convince my oldest sister to come home and spend a few hours with the dogs while I was at work.

I need to consider a plan of action, I'm not sure I can wait till May 25th!

I think I'll name it 'The Administration'. Then whenever anyone on the 'moot displeases me, I shall hold The Administration up to the screen and be able to say that the rule breaking has not gone unnoted by The Administration.

... I'm kidding, by the way.

Last edited by Tessar : 04-26-2007 at 02:03 AM.