Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #15
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf Girl
Hello Entmoot! I haven't been by in a while, but I do like to check in occasionally. I see some old faces, some new... anyone remember me?

In any case, my vent is that I have been dumped. Two weeks ago Monday. It was my first relationship and I was very happy for the first time in... a long time.

Now I'm unhappy again and not liking it at all. Yesterday I called my friend Adam in tears and he was absolutely angelic and invited my over to come chill and talk and eat ice cream out of the carton. So that made me feel somewhat better, but I'm still just... guh.
That's so horrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdanel
It's a shame that I don't feel any kind of connection with my family anymore. There's nothing that I want to return to, except my brother and my cat. I don't love them. It sounds harsh, and I don't want to be evil, I just can't love someone because I should. I have nothing in common with them. I want to go back home to my place, I don't feel well here.
That's really tragic, too. Family can be such a pillar of strength and love . . . I really feel for you and them, about this.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."