Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Fantastic Four II: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Okay, another thread to get stoked for the upcoming release.

When Fantastic Four came out, all I could hope for was the film appearance of the Silver Surfer. I have been rewarded.

Norrin Radd, Herald of Galactus, arrives this Fourth of July Weekend!

This guy was probably one of my all time favorite comic book hero/antihero, and for good reason. His comics read like true sci fi, and his interactions with the FF as well as with the Inhumans and other MArvel creations were riveting.

The trailer looks just awesome, and they got the look of the Silver Surfer perfect. I am really looking forward to seeing the whole film. Then we have to wait for the following summer for Iron Man (with Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark) and the second installment of Hulk.

Marvel has been producing some of the most entertaining and watchable movies to come out of the Hollywood movie machine in decades. I've not really been let down by any of them, which is not something I can say for the DC films. Aside from "Batman Begins", DC really has missed the mark, the pathetically unwatchable "Superman" from last year being one of the worst.

However: This Fantastic Four movie is gonna blow doors, and I do believe we will see the return of the Latverian leader, Viktor von Doom.

All I can say, after an action-packed flick with tons of great destruction at the hands of the Silver Surfer, in the final scene of the film, with the Fantastic Four beaten, defeated and torn up, I only want to hear three words:

"I.......AM.......GALACTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote