Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Gamgee
At anyrate, physically, a human may be classified as an animal. I understand that well. But ask a phsycologist: humans and animals are completely different in that respect, for the reasons I mentioned.
At the psychological level? Well sure. But what does that prove other then that human brains are different from cat brains or fish brains? And how does that relate to gay marriage or homosexuality in general?

Quote:
Sorry for 'lumping', but after all the human is comprised of a physical body and a non-physical thought-process. How can these two things co-exist, I ask you?
Our “thought process” is a ramification of our physical (physiological) nature. Its not separate at all. Its how our brain works. It can be explained and quantified. Brain patterns can be measured. Neurons can be isolated. Theres your thought.

Quote:
actually, the morality has ALWAYS stemmed from spirituality
By what mechanism does morality stem from spirituality? I can be a very “spiritual” person and care not a lick for what you consider good “morals”. You have had societies over time that have been very religious (the word I think you mean to use rather then spiritual) and they have had quite wide ranging morals. So how can morality be absolute and stem directly from religion or from your spirit?

Quote:
I am not discriminating against homosexuals.
Well of course you are. You are telling them that they shouldn’t be allowed to marry when you can. That’s the very definition of discrimination.

Quote:
The one thing I will not concede is that their behavior is right, or that I condone it.
But do you understand that you don’t HAVE to concede that their behavior is right. You have the right to freedom of speech and you can scream all you want about how “homosexual behavior” is evil or any such nonsense. You can even preach to them to some extent. But what you cant to is institutionalize an unfair system of discrimination because of your religious beliefs regarding homosexuality.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."