FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #11
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Try most Catholic churches in the United States!
Is it a Tridentine Mass?
It's actually the Anglican Use mass. Has a fancy name that I can't quite remember . But my parish actually has a 'set' priest that will never leave this parish, because he was an Anglican minister before he and his family became Catholics when the pope issued his invite for the anglican ministers to become priests, even if they were married.

Quote:
If I may ask, do you still consider yourself a traditional Catholic, or a Catholic?
That's a hard one. I still consider myself a Catholic, in that I continue to follow all of the requirements for being a Catholic, and actually do more than the minimum requirements in certain things. However, I disagree with the Church's rulings on homosexuality.

I am also not one of those people who thinks, "Well, if I don't think it's a sin, I can do what I want and still be a Catholic and recieve communion because you have to -know- it's a sin to commit one."

They forget that you also have to follow the laws of the Church to be a Catholic, and in having homosexual relationships you're violating that.

Quote:
It's not only about having a good time with friends, either. I know a lot of what I do with a friend of mine is to listen to his woes. And as for "love you, but not necessarily like you", it seems to me that that is the proper attitude for all mankind.
I agree, but then in that light there seems to be no reason to get married at all.

I want to also say that I disagree with the idea that marriage should be primarily for procreation. They let people who are unable to have children get married.