Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Sudan's Genocide Policy

I've spent this evening reading about Joseph Kony and the Lord's Resistance Army he created. The atrocities he is responsible for in his war against Uganda's government are unbelievably sickening.

Then I found out that Sudan gives Kony the necessary weapons and money to support his military operations in Uganda, and I learned that his spiritual indoctrination, his military and his torture training camps are in Sudan. Learning this, naturally, reminded me of the genocide Sudan's government and the Janjaweed have engaged in, in Darfur. To see that Sudan's current government is responsible for not just one, but two of the most horrific conflicts of modern times is a new realization for me.

The evil Sudan is directly responsible for as we speak is just shocking in its scale and the level of barbarity. Learning that such a spiritually twisted government exists in modern times is incredible, for they are responsible for both the Uganda civil war and the Darfur genocide. It's no wonder that Al'Qaeda called on jihad warriors to support Khartoum!

I think about Iran a lot, because of Iran's nuclear ambitions and their funding of terrorism. Iran is definitely a more direct threat to the US than Sudan is, and we give it a lot of attention. That is important and right; we should be paying them a lot of attention.

Sudan is meanwhile getting away with unimaginable atrocities both in Darfur and Uganda. I don't know what can be done.

I'm very glad that the new ceasefire is holding between the LRA and Uganda's government at this time. I doubt that it'll hold, but I'll pray it does.

It's just shocking for me to learn how deep the evil in Sudan goes.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote