Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Tig
Hobbit

Middle-Earth what if...?

I love what ifs, don't you? Sure you do. So, I thought we could talk about some here, and some one can give a new one once in a while. I'd just like to make this clear that this is not focused solely on LotR, or The Hobbit for that matter, but to any time, place, or persons of Middle-Earth. So, I ask you, 'What if Saruman opposed Sauron for control of the ring?'

I'm not sure who would win out physically, the mass-produced Uruks of Isengard, or the vast legions of Mordor orcs, but... Even if Saruman wiped Mordor clean of every orc would he stand a chance? Sauron dies with the ring alone, but without the Orcs defending him could Sauron be removed? Like could Saruman destroy Baradur, and then without anyone to rebuild it would Sauron be 'stuck between' worlds? He'd have no physical presence in Middle-Earth any more, in his body or in Baradur, but with the ring still in one piece he wouldn't be gone. Or would Sauron's will take possession of Saruman, and that be his new, adopted body?

With this I'd like to mention one last thing. I'd like to just point you in the direction of my RP-to-be, which focuses on this what if(?). If you're interested just leave a note here or there (there being >>> http://entmoot.com/showthread.php?p=547513#post547513 ), but please at least check it out.
But there still be many miles to go!
Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
and the stream that falls from hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook...
Is a mug of beer inside this Took!"
Tig is offline   Reply With Quote