Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM   #11
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
As far as "who", whatever the school boards have put into place, and if people don't like it, they can make their voice heard with their money (don't go to the school) and in the press.

I can't name a specific curriculum because I haven't looked into it, but I think something that covers basic thinking/analysis skills, such as the law of noncontradiction and valid ways of drawing conclusions, is sorely needed.
Wouldn't it be nice if parents were able to teach their kids moral values without relying on schools? Then we wouldn't have to make policy about it.

Of course, the problem is that the parents will breed a new generation of intolerence (left or right) with the same views about what they want changed.

It is probably impossible to make rules without being prejudice in some way. If you say "Don't kill people, absolutly, that's final," then you are denying euthinasia and abortion which are personal decisions that you are limiting.

Where does the line between personal and government end? You can abort a fetus, but only up to a certian age before it is protected by the state because it is a human being. What? Something that can't survive outside the womb is a person? And babies. I don't know if they have a soul, but they surely can't see past their own nose so they have no consept of the world they have been brought into and won't even notice leaving it.

PS: Polyamory is neat, I have discovered.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote