Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #22
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I think the trouble here is our culture's fondness for having things clearly delineated, and viewable in black and white, either or terms. Much of the conflict would probably be resolved if we were more willing to take both theories in moderation and find a balance between the two.

I know what you mean about know being sure which to believe and not wanting to declare either completely invalid. I'm like that myself, and it was especially bad during high school which is when all of that personal belief and identity stuff starts coming to the fore.

My advice is: Don't worry about it, it's not something that'll get any better if you lose sleep over it. Put it on your mind's back burner and just enjoy life as best you can for now. The more you experience of life, the more you'll learn and eventually it'll work itself out. More or less.

I will say however, it helps immensely if you believe in God as:

A) More neutral in being than It is usually thought of as.
B) And having a sense of humor.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 04-21-2006 at 09:56 PM.