Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2002, 02:51 PM   #21
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by allsirgarnet
[B]Could it be that Sauron manifested himself "in the minds" of any who entered the dark tower "as a lidless eye".[B]

Yes I have hadt his thought as well.

Quote:
[i][B]
So if Gollum was taken into Saurons presence he would be in Gollums mind so to speak,and so could then appear as he wished.[B]

I see your logic here.

Quote:
[i]
Until he regains the ring he seems trapped within the Tower,able to project his thoughts either in someones direct presence (Gollum),The Palantir (Saruman) or by a specific link (9 rings).

So it seems that he has no physical or spiritual "existance" as such ,but that his "'will" is held within the Dark Tower ,able in some ways to influence those he has a specific link to.

Yes, but Gandalf in his return tells the three companions about his struggle with the "Eye of Mordor" to draw his gaze away from his borders. Gandalf has no link to sauron except on the spirtual plane, if you will.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote