Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2006, 03:07 AM   #11
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
This is by far the best religious discusion I've ever had. I've had many, they usually start after a few drinks, and end with someone very angry.

You guys are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
Absolutely, and good point. There is a lot of evidence though that it is an accurate, historical account. It'd take me a long time to get through the most important points . I'll have to save responding to this for later.
Please, take your time. No hurry.

I don't deny that some of the things in the bible are, indeed, fact. There was a man named Joshua ben Joseph(hope I spelled that right) who became known as Jesus. There was a prophecy that a person of jewish decent would come and lead the Isrealites(again I hope I spelled that right, my spelling is terrible) out of "the dark times". This was Jesus. Did he really heal the sick as it is said? Maybe. The mind is very powerfull. If you believe something so strongly, say that you are getting sick, your mind can cause this. If this ill person thought strongly enough that the person standing before them was powerefull enough to heal them, the mind can , and will, then do it. Did he really walk on water? Doubtfull. Did he change water into wine? Probably, but any amateur with a majic kit can do this.

I know these are but a few of the things he did, and the most known, but if we are to believe them all, how can we? When so many can easily be explained by the power of the mind and slight of hand? I know that is arguable that the mind thing is "Gods work" but it's still hard for me to accept that.