Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2006, 08:12 PM   #11
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I've eaten some styrofoam cups too, Chrys. Never a whole one, but just sitting around as a little kid at some sort of formal roast, I got bored enough to make designs with my teeth in my cup, and then finally start eating it before my mom took it away. It's tasteless though.

Thanks Lotesse. A few years ago, NYC started an ingenious program to recycle a bunch of styrofoam. I don't know how it was scientifically possible, but they'd mash a bunch of foam into Lego-shapes, rectangles about the size of tissue boxes. Then they'd sell them at a nickel per rectangle at homesless shelters and soup kitchens so the people on the streets could sleep in something slightly more insulated than a cordboard box. But, no, taxpayers decided that they were eyesores, and would rather watch people age and starve right out in the open.

Anyway, Hector, I have a pet snake. Have you ever touched one? What scares most people is their sliminess, but in reality they aren't slimy at all. Nice and smooth and comforting in a way that I'll admit is a bit strange. Here is what one looks like, but mine has thicker dark bands and near the tail his pattern switches to stripes, plus this one looks like a baby and mine is nearly full-grown. They're faces are the same though. California kings vary a whole lot in coloration.

EDIT: Forgot: I did read a bit of that blog, Lottesse, the intro to "Slow Children @ Play," but got called away to dinner or something. I'll read the rest of it pretty soon.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 02-21-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote