Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Viv Gets Nervous, Trying to Speak with Her Captain

"My Captain," greeted Viniglaen, giving the Morgul Lord a slightly anxious, yet deferential quick curtsy. There was an amused little glint at the corner of the Chancellor's steady grey eyes; little Viv was the only one of the Nine who ever gave him the odd yet ladylike little curtsies. He was the only being toward which she showed such respect; the only being she would bow her head to. To Viv, the Captain was a father figure, yet always she was tongue-tied and eager to be perfect in his presence. He knew all this, of course, and always found it somewhat endearing, if through his legendary emotional ice he could be endeared of anything, or anyone.

"To what do I owe this surprise visit, young one?" he asked.

"I - Lady Gordis and I , we felt we must inform you right away of some strange occurances we have noticed tonight." began Viv. "Lady Gordis is still downstairs right now, though; she - we saw this man on the floor of the Scriptorium, he had fainted or something. She stopped to assist him. "

Vivvie pushed her hood off, and nervously held her hands in front of her, trying to keep from playing with her fingers, trying to stand perfect and tall, and trying to look composed.

"You want to inform me of a fainted man downstairs in my Scriptorium?" said the Captain.

"No, my Captain. That is, no - I mean no, not a fainted man, it's about Lilaenwen, and our comrade Udu, and the Man-King Valandil; odd things going on, sir. Odd things. I - "

Mercifully, just then, Gordis' footsteps could be heard approaching the Observatory.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 02-12-2006 at 12:46 AM.