Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2006, 05:33 PM   #28
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Wednesday, mid-morning
Itazel and Danor's house

R*an was standing by the window, gazing thoughtfully at the life going on outside of the room, when Tyaron woke for the second time. He watched her silently for a few minutes while he grew more and more awake. The memories came slowly but relentlessly crowding back, sharp and clear, up until after the animal attack and the painful ride back to Tharbad. He faintly remembered the coming of the dawn and seeing the city, but after that, it was a confused blur. He remembered enough, however, of what had taken place on Monday night, and of the conversation of R*an and Alagos just a short while ago, to make him wonder what he was going to do... but tired and weak, he decided to give it up for now and worry about it later.

He stirred slightly at the pain in his leg, and R*an turned quickly around with an anxious look on her face. Seeing him awake, she approached his bed with a smile and a gentle, "How are you feeling, Tyaron? We were worried about you!" She sat down next to him and took his hand.

A voice inside of him said, "Take your hand away! You don't deserve to touch her anymore!", but another voice said, "Later! Get better first, and then you'll be able to tell her more clearly - IF it's the right thing to do. You should think about it... don't be too hasty..."

"What happened?" he finally asked. "I remember getting close to Tharbad, and then ... I just ... what happened? How did I get here?"

R*an explained the events of the morning, and he nodded his head as her recital tied the vague images in his mind together into a coherent picture. "You're looking better already - you have more color than even an hour ago," she added, touching his cheek where a little color was showing now. The odd look in his eyes made her draw back awkwardly, and there was an uneasy pause as each remembered things that they had rather not remember. Both of them wished ferverently for Alagos's neutral, cheerful presence.

"I, um, had better get you something to drink," said R*an a bit awkwardly, standing up abruptly. "The doctor said to give you as much fluids as you could take. Are you OK by yourself for a few minutes?"

"I'll be fine," he answered evenly, and R*an quietly left the room and headed downstairs.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-01-2006 at 05:35 PM.