FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #20
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBIT
on graduation -
Lotesse - why did having to wear a different color offend you? I just don't understand. It is a harmless tradition probably found at a lot of High Schools. Men and Women ARE different - and one color is no better or worse or more masculine or feminine than any other (except perhaps for pink and purple ).

It didn't OFFEND me, it annoyed me, for no other reason than that I happened to have wanted to be able to wear the red cloaks, 'cause I thought they were much more beautiful than the boring white ones. I wasn't heroically wanting to make some grandiose stand for feminism, all I wanted was the right to be able to wear the red cloak! It bugged me that just because I was a girl, I couldn't wear the colour that my PEERs, different from me only in that they were my male peers, wore. See, ALL of my classmates were my peers, not just the women. Understand what I'm sayin'? ALL of us human students were each other's peers - why differentiate us by our sexual physiognomy? And it's not about what colour may or may not be "any more masculine or feminine than any other" - whatever that means, I mean, a colour is a colour. It has no sexual preference or identity - it's a COLOUR! It's about all of my school academic peers and me graduating from our school as equals, as PEERS, together, in the same colour.

Especially when that gown colour is a sensual, luscious crimson red.

Is that so much to ask??

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote