Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #11
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
I DO plan to have some "reasonable" means to find out. Please keep in mind the leeway that you Nazgul have been given in regards to all the things you do though. If I need to make use of my sword or some other special means - it'll probably be to equalize an imbalance a little further.
Val, I don't quite understand your concepts of "equalizing imbalances." Perhaps the problem is I do not understand the concept of this game. I joined under the assumption that the goal was creative writing. Apparently, I was incorrect. I supposed erroneously, obviously, that a group of players, writers, participants, whatever you want to call them, would toss up some creative ideas for plots, and the group would work on these ideas and try to get something that read well. Again, I was wrong.

There must be some unknown system of "winners" and "losers." I have not quite figured out yet how this will ever be determined. Perhaps we wait a specified amount of time and then bring it to a vote of the player base.

I would like to see some creative writing attempts, good plotlines, and not this constant debate about where the story, game, endeavor, "thing," should go, or who picks up an invisible "merit" point.

If there is constant stifling of plot ideas, this is not a game, this is not a writing an exercise, this is an exercise in futility.

Can't we come up with mutually agreed upon plot ideas and we all run with them? Otherwise, this game, whatever, is going to stagnate with tedious plot ideas that go nowhere.

"Leeway?" Just what does that mean? I would hope that everyone had some degree of "leeway" in proposing plot ideas. With all these - what shall we call them? - "dispensations" - to one side or another, I think we become rather absurd.

You can write about magic swords that jump, dance or sing, or are "magic weapons" that resemble machine guns. I will say go ahead. If it is creative, it is good. If it is not, it is bad.

There are twelve lousy stinking pirate ships, each with about 50 men. This was not some kind of major invasion, but more like a raid. It reads well if you just roll with the idea. If it is a poor plot concept for a storyline, just can the whole idea in File 13.

Maybe we all could just play chess or something by email. Any takers?

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 01-27-2006 at 08:45 PM.