Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 07:32 PM   #11
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Near the Library, Tuesday, around 10 AM.

"Yes, her... and ... Professor... Galadannun, and Sapthan! and Mahtaliel!" whispered Aiwendis worriedly.

Then she turned, and, without another word, started to run across the lawn towards an abandoned guard-tower near the main entrance to the Library court. Valandil watched her hurrying away, still slightly dazed by the intense moment they just shared together. Aiwendis was half-way to the tower, when her long blue scarf fell from her shoulders and remained on the path unheeded. Valandil came to his senses and sprinted after Aiwendis. He scooped the scarf and, still running, brought it close to his face, inhaling its faint fragrance.

He caught up with Aiwendis just before they broke through the half-open tower door. There were several people inside, but nobody turned to look at the newcomers.

Professor Galadannun stood facing Mahtaliel the Elf who spoke with venomous disdain,
"It is sad, yes, but as you are an ass I believe the interference was welcome. If you'll excuse me Master Buttocks, I have business elsewhere this morning." She turned to leave, "Ah... Rian, if you would care to come with me?"

Aiwendis stopped dead at the door. The King, caught in his momentum, almost knocked her down in his haste and stopped, clutching her shoulders, but she paid him no heed. Hearing Mahtaliel's words, Aiwendis felt her face burning from anger at the base insults thrown at one of her own. Then a wave of rage, coming from Khamul, hit her full force. Her ring was burning her finger. Time slowed. Like in a dream she watched Khamul's hand tighten on the hilt of his sword.

"No, no, my Lord! Stop! Don't kill her, Khamul!" she cried to him mentally, but there was no reply, only a wave of intense hatred.

Just before Khamul's blade started to leave his scabbard, Aiwendis cried out piercingly, wavered and went limp in Valandil's arms. The general attention turned to her. Khamul bit his lip and stayed his blow. Mahtaliel turned to look at the swooning Chancellor's daughter, shrugged her shoulders and left, beckoning to Rian to follow. Galadannun, still purple from rage, stalked away, followed by bewildered Sapthan.

Valandil was at a loss: the situation was new to him. He found Mahtaliel's words exceptionally rude, but still he could not fathom that they could cause a gentle noble lady to swoon. Yes, his mother was right, he knew nothing of women...

"Aiwendis, Lady Aiwendis, Are you unwell?" he asked in a shaky voice.

There was no reply. He lifted the slim body of his ladylove and carried her to a bench under a window.