Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #11
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
A flash of fire and darkness; and once again shadow fights the rising of the Sun in the east
What will be known to the races of Middle-earth when again someone worth celebrating on a night such as this is needed?
For Darkness is never quite stilled and defeated; it lies ever in wait for its chance to spring
And terror follows when it gets that chance . . . .

"You are an enemy of shadow and your destiny is woven against it . . . That cannot remain unchanged, for you might well be a block in the swiftly running waters, black and cold."A voice spoke, colder than ice, blacker than the night. The sound of it chilled Oleander to the bone, and she could feel some shadow approaching her with those words. she looked back, and saw darkness . . .in the middle of the daytime.

Oleander turned in fright and ran, leaping over tree roots and rocks on the ground before her. She ran with all her speed, hoping against hope that it would be enough. I would be so much more comfortable if I knew what I was running from . . . other than darkness . . . she thought. She didn’t dare to look back and see if there was a shape to the horrible cold shadow that rolled after her like a wave of terror. She just fled from it, not knowing or wanting to know. It was there, and it wasn’t friendly, and that was enough. The shadow of it seared her soul, burned like ice across her consciousness. I can’t let it catch me, I don’t want to think of what will become of me if . . . . Far in front or her, she could see the thinning in the trees where Lothlorien ended, and the fields beyond began. She had no idea where she was running to, no thought other than she couldn’t stop.

But she was beginning to tire; she couldn’t sprint forever like this. Gasping for breath at the air that she could, she forced her legs to move. Keep going, Oleander, keep going. The edges of Lorien were getting closer and closer, and Oleander struggled onwards towards them, though she knew not what she could do in the open lands any better that in the forest.

As she ran, she caught glimpses of color out of the corners of her eyes. She reached a hand out for one of the flashes of bright pink, and came away with something in her hand. Still running, but with her tired body fading, and her mind with it, she looked at what she held in her hand. A flower, five-petealed, and relatively small, was resting neatly in the palm of her hand. The sight of her namesake flower gave her strength to run a few strides more, but then, unable to run any longer, the blossom slipped from her fingers and her mind was engulfed in darkness . . . Whether the darkness of the shadow she had been running from, or only the darkness of oblivion, she knew not . . . .

OOC: K, whadya think? I’m not trying to copy Nariel Starshine’s entrance, but I got started and it wrote itself to here. I can change it drastically if it’s hated . . . Sorry, I can’t write . . . . If I’ve screwed things up, I’ll edit this so it just says, “hi” or something and then things(hopefully) won’t be screwed up anymore . . . .This is my first time participating in an RPG, so I’m really unsure.

Are the changes all right?

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 01-31-2002 at 10:36 AM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote