Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 08:28 AM   #11
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Ironically - Tharbad was the city of Arnor that survived the longest - up until a few years after Bilbo's birth! (22 years, IIRC) I guess it avoided attracting too much attention to itself... from a particular personage... (or maybe he has a soft spot in his heart - or whatever passes for a heart - after these little misadventures there "Tharbad... Hmmm... I was Chancellor of the University there... now THOSE were some Good Times!")
hehehe, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
BTW... I'm not liking the sounds of those long-term plans that the ML has for me. But anyway, don't you think that if he tried to take on Gondor, Lindon and Imladris as soon as he gained the sceptre, that he would get Arnor CREAMED?
Exactly. That is what preserves your life NOW, Val. If the ML tries to supplant you illegally, there would be war with Gondor, Lindon and Imladris and a revolt in Arnor itself. No, you have lots of time, probably a whole peaceful life before you. During your reign, the ML will try to make Arnor immensely strong.

And he will supplant you unobtrusively. Say, the King dies without a heir. Then what? Perhaps the Law of Numenor would be reinstalled, and your wife will become a ruling Queen and her father a Regent. Will Gondor declare war immediately? Possibly not.

Or the trick with the child – like in my previous post. It gives even more time to prepare for the war. That plan will pass most smoothly. Gondor will have nothing to complain about. As for Lindon and Imladris, they will also need time to have a "good look" at the new king and figure it all out.