Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2005, 03:29 AM   #11
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
This report may cheer you up some.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html
We can be comforted to know that the news from Iraq is not all bad.

Vent: My annoyance at BBC News is increasing. In their description of our recent joint Iraqi and US military operations, they mentioned nothing about the good that is being done. They did not mention the growing insurgent casualties, but rather just describe how dangerous Al'Qaeda is and how "no US troops have died yet". BBC's left-wing bias in reporting is certainly annoying me. This is just added to my already existing annoyance at BBC for picking on the Republican and Christian leaders, without presenting both sides of the story. BBC also likes a good scrap, a good contraversy, even if one doesn't exist. Like that silly story it posted about Bush having said God told him to go into Iraq and Afghanistan. The only source of this story that BBC has is one Palestinian official, and that official claims that in context, he didn't think it should be taken literally. BBC likes to make a lot out of nothing solid, if it blackens Pres. Bush's name. And the story about Pat Robertson. Very one sided.

Oh well.

Anti-Vent: I am very pleased with BBC for having the courage to speak the truth in Uzbekistan, even if it caused their bureau there to be dismantled by the government. In some ways, the article on BBC about the matter was badly put, but I still think the evidence was solid and the courage to act on it was laudable. So about that, I'm pleased with BBC.
That's what I love about NPR. They'll say stuff that no one else will. Such as plans to build housing developments on part of the Chocolate Mountain nuclear testing site...