Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viv Hears Elvish Singing in the Park

The sound of Elven singing coming from nearby drifted Viniglaen's way, nudging her out of her thoughtful reverie. Lomi flew over to her, and perched in the tree above where she lay. Viv sat up, and combed her hand through her hair to clear her mind.

"Elves, my lady," said Lomi. "Not too far from where we are."

"Yes, Lomi; I hear them," answered Viv a little worriedly. "Have the wolves taken their leave?"

"They have," said Lomi, "and I think it wisest we do as well."

"Couldn't agree with you more," said Viv as she arose and brushed the grass-bits from off her clothes, and shook out her riding cloak. "What do you say, Laslech; ready to go home to your new stable for a nice brush-down and a good night's sleep?"

Although Laslech was capable of communicating to Viv mentally, the mare had yet to reveal this particular attribute. Being a wise Mearas, Laslech had a tendency only to communicate when the need was real. Small talk was not her forte.

Viv mounted Laslech, and Lomi flew ahead of them to scan the walk home for any hidden dangers, in order to best protect her mistress. They made a wide circle around the area from whence the Elvish songs were emanating, and walking pensively, Laslech and Viniglaen made their way back to Orrodel. It was midnight.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-29-2005 at 08:32 PM.