Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS
Remember that stable boy, that you have invented for Annawen (what was his name?-something FUNNY!)...
Who, Arastud?
No, don't knock him off, poor Annawen will be miserable! I actually had a scene written in my head for them, but I'm writing so much that I'm exhausting poor Lotesse (and making her pay megabucks to even read all our posts!), so I haven't written it!

GO ahead and kill off the maid, tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS
If so, it gives you a golden opportunity to interact with the Orrodel group...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Rian? Is RPG-Rian up to coming to the aid of an obvious victim of Black Breath? I wonder how THAT would develop. Hmm.
That's the problem - I'm not sure how these things would work That's why I ended up writing this big plot line for Rian that doesn't involve the Orrodel group yet, because she doesn't stand a chance by herself.

RPG-ers all - I think we need to put our heads together and plan for a moment. What's the Nazgul general strategy? Because if they start killing off people, they'll be discovered. If Rian sees them get really nasty and kill people, then she would either run away (if they hadn't seen her) or confront them. And if she confronts them, what in the world would stop them from just killing her? And if she runs away, she'll go to King Val, and the gig is up!

And frankly, her even going back to Orrodel after what happened with Khamul is rather shaky, IMO - the only reason why I think Khamul would allow her to stay would be because she's got the household running well, but I haven't heard from TD about if that's ok with his character (poor TD has been gone).

At least now if Rian confronts the Orrodel group, she'll have the elf boys with her, and has a chance of at least escaping alive. But if things get so bad that she has to flee, of course she'll go straight to the King, and things will blow up ...

What's the general direction we're going to go here? I'm kinda confused at this point with how Rian is going to stay at Orrodel without figuring some things out, which she would take to the King.

I just don't see how the Orrodel group can attract any type of notice at this point so Rian can't confront them, unless they can cook up some plausible story or something.

It's a very reasonable thing at this point in time for Rian to leave Orrodel - she's going to attend 2 classes at the Uni, and she'll want to spend some time with the guys. Is that the most logical thing? Then the Orrodel crew can let their hair down a bit without fear of detection. Or if you guys want, I'll keep her there, because it is fairly plausible for her to stay, but there can't be major obvious evil-y things going on, tho, or she'll narc 'em to the King!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-28-2005 at 10:32 PM.